COVID-19 UPDATE: We are continuing all operations while taking care to follow CDC guidelines
REPUTATION – WORK ETHIC – TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT
Northeast Remsco Construction believes that employees are an essential part of our business and that a commitment to customer service is essential. We further believe in the spirit of teamwork and success, and that each of us has a contribution that’s crucial to our company’s success. If you’re interested in joining a leader in the construction industry, please review current opportunities below and feel free to send us your resume.
Project Engineer – Underground Utilities & Marine Construction
Exciting learning opportunities for a recent college graduate with less than 4 years’ experience to work in underground water & utility work & Marine construction, involving both day and night work. Work in conjunction with the Project Manager to safely and productively build the work on time and within budget.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Contract Documents (Plans and Specs): thoroughly Reviews Plans and Specifications, basic understanding of the different Components of the Construction Contract including notification requirements.
- Submittals and RFI’s: prepares a schedule of submittals based on the requirements of the specifications and submits to the PM for review.
- Pay Estimates: complies quantities installed on a daily basis and verifies with the inspector weekly.
- Daily Work reports, Time Sheets, and Quantities: prepares Daily Work Report in Heavy Job, in collaboration with the superintendent that includes all pertinent information and describes all the work performed by NRC and subs.
- Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Material Procurement and Review of Invoices, perform takeoffs, research pricing, assist PM is vendor communications, track receipts and processing invoice expense codes in system.
- Preparation of Shop Drawings/Sketches in CAD as required to facilitate the work in the field, prepares Traffic control plans under PM guidance and coordinates implementation as specified in the Contract.
- Permits and Mark-outs: prepares a Master List of all permits required for the project including descriptions, work restrictions, issue/expiration dates, inspections required etc., understands “Call before you Dig” requirements.
- Scheduling: understands the basics of CPM scheduling including predecessor/successor relationships and how the critical path is generated.
- Communication and Notifications: attends and participates in progress meetings and jobsite coordination meetings.
- As-builts and Closeout Documents: maintains red line set of Contract drawings reflecting actual work completed, coordinates with subcontractors to facilitate submittal of as-builts to Owner, prepares As Built Drawings for NRC work as necessary and submits to Owner
Project Field Engineer Qualifications:
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, CAD, Microsoft Project or Primavera, Heavy Job, Viewpoint, Adobe Acrobat
- 0-4 years’ experience as a Construction Project Engineer, with some familiarity working under lane closures.
JAG Companies Inc. is the parent company of construction industry firms Northeast Remsco Construction, Inc., Caldwell Marine International, LLC, and Huxted Trenchless, LLC. Family owned and operated for over forty years, JAG Companies is ranked annually in the Top 50 largest Hispanic-owned companies in the United States. The companies maintain their MBE certification through the National Minority Supplier Development Council. JAG Companies continues to experience growth with their core values of REPUTATION-WORK ETHIC-TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, eVerify and a drug free workplace.
Construction Superintendent – Underground Utilities
Are you looking for a fast-paced & challenging opportunity?
Are you interested in being a part of an organization that recognizes Reputation, Work Ethic, and Team Accomplishment?
Do you agree Safety is a top priority? Safety, it’s not optional!
If yes, then we have an opportunity for YOU to join our Northeast Remsco Construction team as a Superintendent.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position is to have 7+ years’ experience with utility/heavy civil work in and around the 5 boros of NY & NJ markets. Strong knowledge in underground utility installation, overall knowledge of heavy equipment and capabilities, local union labor rules and regulations. Work in conjunction with the Project Manager to safely and productively build the work on time and within budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of contract and subcontracts to execute the work efficiently
- Scheduling and implementing the work, workings with the Project Manager to develop the basic sequencing and duration of work activities required
- Follow Safety rules and educate employees on proper procedures
- Equipment Utilization, know equipment capabilities and schedule same to build job efficiently, gather monthly equipment reports and inform shop of any mechanical issues requiring immediate attention.
- Labor Utilization, working knowledge of union Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) where applicable and understand the separation of work by trade and efficiently utilizes manpower to minimize project cost
- Cost, Payment and Production, understand approach, crewing and production rates used at the time of bid, monitors production and compares with as-bid goals. Makes adjustments to the operation as needed to improve production and efficiency and track quantities and assemble monthly estimates in coordination with Project Manager, check and prepare daily reports and timesheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Education – High School or equivalent
- Specialized knowledge in underground utility installation.
- Ability to comprehend plans and specs, general computer and math skills, strong communication, both verbal and written with onsite inspectors, engineers, owner’s reps, employees of all levels. Able to articulate job progress, problems, delays in meeting type settings.
- Ability to delegate work & provide strong decision making & problem solving skills.
- Experience – 7+ years of utility installation in the NYC market.
JAG Companies Inc. is the parent company of construction industry firms Northeast Remsco Construction, Inc., Caldwell Marine International, LLC, Huxted Tunneling, LLC, and ECI Drilling International, LLC. Family owned and operated for over forty years, JAG Companies is ranked annually in the Top 50 largest Hispanic-owned companies in the United States. The companies maintain their MBE certification through the National Minority Supplier Development Council. JAG Companies continues to experience growth with their core values of REPUTATION-WORK ETHIC-TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT.